Forum home The potting shed

programmes to watch

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 16,773
    I will be able to record Beechgrove now we have the new Humax box. We'll be at the cottage when it starts on the 22nd April so I can watch it on Catch up iPlayer, no recorder there, no need with Catch up. Sunday morning is not a good time for me to watch TV.

Have watched Hold the Sunset, The Durrells, Escape to the Chateau this evening and the Good Karma Hospital is recording. Really like The Durrells.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • wild flowerwild flower South West LondonPosts: 78
    I've been enjoying Escape To The Chateau (Ch. 4 - 2nd in the series was on tonight, one more to come!  There is always the ability to catch up on Channel 4 online). 

For those not familiar with this programme, it's about a can-do, pioneering and creative married couple who take on an abandoned French chateau and make constant, substantial and remarkable transformations!  I admire their have-a-go mentality, despite not being experts in many fields that they tackle.   It's inspiring that they are not daunted by the possibility of failing i.e. they take on more than most of us would dream of tackling!  Wonderful stuff!   It's the second series.
    A 'weed' is just a plant in the wrong place - subjective! ;)
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 5,424
    I wonder when Dick Strawbridge's moustache will get its own programme :)  Dick is an engineer so although some of his projects would be daunting to us, they are the sort of problems he's been working with all his life.  He used to be a regular presence on any programme where wierd and wonderful machinery had to be built.
  • wild flowerwild flower South West LondonPosts: 78
    edited March 2018
    Yes KT53 I am aware of his background expertise but still he ventures onto relatively unexplored/new territory and for that I admire him, and his wife!  I used to love the programmes he made traipsing round the UK with his son....a lovely team!
    A 'weed' is just a plant in the wrong place - subjective! ;)
  • Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,332
    Watched today's A Place to Call Home. It was very good.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 8,235
    @Logan4 , can you remember why Sir Richard has such hatred for the the Blighs, and Elizabeth in particular? I've been racking my brains and can't recall.
  • Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,332
    AnniD. It goes back to when he raped carolin, she told Elizabeth. Elizabeth confronted him with it and she cut his hand. Also he's a womanizer.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 8,235
    Thanks @Logan4, I just couldn't remember. He certainly is a nasty piece of work.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,432
    Just watched the third in the Indus River series, beautiful, I’ve really enjoyed them. 
    I remember Elizabeth pinning him to the table with the knife at the dinner table I think it was.
    Has Regina changed, I don’t think so!  
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 16,773
    I've been enjoying Escape To The Chateau (Ch. 4 - 2nd in the series was on tonight, one more to come!  There is always the ability to catch up on Channel 4 online). 

For those not familiar with this programme, it's about a can-do, pioneering and creative married couple who take on an abandoned French chateau and make constant, substantial and remarkable transformations!  I admire their have-a-go mentality, despite not being experts in many fields that they tackle.   It's inspiring that they are not daunted by the possibility of failing i.e. they take on more than most of us would dream of tackling!  Wonderful stuff!   It's the second series.
    wild flower, I think it's the 4th series. Recently Dick did a series on building a model railway line across part of Scotland. I expect it helped to pay for some of the chateau renovations.
    Dordogne and Norfolk