Forum home The potting shed

programmes to watch

• Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,332
    AnniD said:
    I love A Place To Call Home, have watched it from the start. A hidden gem in the schedule. Don't know how easy it would be for people to get into it if they've just started watching though. 
    They did show series 3 &4 before the new one 
    and last year they showed 1,2&3
  • Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,541
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,486
    Found them all On Demand can now watch them all to back. Thanks for the reminder Logan. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,332
    That's great @Lyn enjoy them
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,277
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,146
    tonight on ITV. The Durrells ( filmed in Corfu ) followed by Karma Hospital ( set in India but filmed in Sri Lanka ) 
    A little sun to help me forget about the snow.
    Devon.
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 4,253
    I love The Durrells - I would love a year-out to join them!

Re foreign-language drams - there's a fab one on BBC4 called Below The Surface, Danish drama about a hostage situation. 

On iPlayer at the moment is a documentary called Sign Of The Times, about people discussing their interiors in 1990/2 - it is absolutely hilarious! It isn't supposed to be a comedy, but it's just like a parody sketch! 

My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,277
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 3,318
    If that's the series I think it is, AuntyRach, we're still quoting from it, having watched it first time around: "We wanted that cottage-y, stately home kind of feel" (if memory serves, this was achieved by surrounding a lightswitch with a sort of doily). 
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,146
    The Durrells and Karma Hospital didn't disappoint. Both looking good for the rest of their series.
    Devon.