Chelsea Physic Garden / Garden Museum, anyone?

LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 1,742
Last year a few of us met up to visit the new Broad Walk at Kew (see thread) and an idea was mooted about visiting the Chelsea Physic Garden and / or the Garden Museum this year. I was just wondering if anyone was still keen?

Or of course the restored Temperate House at Kew is reopening in May, after being closed for 5 years...
'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
- Cicero

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 7,671
    I’d certainly be up for either Chelsea or Kew this year LG  :D :D B)
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 1,742
    Excellent - I had a feeling you would, @chicky :-)
    - Cicero
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 4,533
    I'd be up for a Chelsea/Kew visit too, if we can organise it well in advance like we did for Kew last year, so I can get cheap travel from Oop North.   ;)

I really enjoyed last year's Kew visit!
    "Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change"    Stephen Hawking
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 4,025
    I'd be up for Chelsea and / or the Garden Museum - depending when you decided to go.

Hubby retired at the end of last year and we have that many trips away booked / half booked / under discussion that I can't begin to suggest when I know I could join you. Would be good if I could turn this into a little trip based around my interests though :D
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
    edited 12 March
    :) Liri, I was hoping you'd say that, but wasn't sure you'd want to do the journey again.

Any thoughts on when?
    - Cicero
    What's the best time of year for the Physic Garden?  I've never been...
    Ooh hello Topbird, we overlapped. I remember that you, @WonkyWomble and @Dovefromabove were all hoping to come last year but couldn't. It would be great if you could make it this time  :)
    - Cicero
    I haven't been either, Liri - how embarrassing. I might have to do a recce...
    - Cicero
    That might be useful if you feel inclined, LG - unless Dove or someone has been and can report back...  :) 
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 4,025
    I've never been to the Physic garden either - which is why I'd be interested in joining you this year. Would also be lovely to meet people I've been 'chatting' to for years :)

I'm really not going to suggest any dates as our calendar is a right mess at the moment - but if I can join you - I will :)

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down