Forum home The potting shed

How to change your username

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 66,330
    Exit your account and gointo the site via the Gardeners’World.com logo at top left, then into your account and Settings.

Change your details and Save and log out again. 

Now you can go back into the site in the usual way ... that should have done it. 🤞 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• myclayjunglemyclayjungle Coastal Suffolk/Essex borderPosts: 12
    I have followed the instructions to change my user name, including logging out and back in, waiting hours and days and trying again.  The username on the main GW website has changed, but when I go to the forum, it remains unchanged. How do I contact admin or someone to assist with this please?
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 66,330
    Hi @skye_mck ... I’ve reported your query to the Moderators. Hopefully they’ll get a chance to look at it for you before long 
    As for many others at the moment, working conditions are not as usual. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

@Dovefromabove- thanks very much.
  • Jack1974Jack1974 WhitstablePosts: 29
    Exit your account and gointo the site via the Gardeners’World.com logo at top left, then into your account and Settings.

Change your details and Save and log out again. 

Now you can go back into the site in the usual way ... that should have done it. 🤞 
    Hi Dove, thank you for taking the time to reply. Still no joy, sorry. Yes I found the new logging in system and setup, however there were no options on adding location, please see screen grab attached? Jack
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,841
    For adding your location you click on the cog wheel top right of this page. It’s saying forbidden but sometimes works, mine saying that at the moment. Keep trying.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,520
    @Jack1974 - if you're on this page [for posting] there should be a black section at the top with your name, and avatar. If you click on that, there should be all the options for adding details. Try that and see if it works  :)

You can also access that just by clicking on your avatar beside your post.
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

It’s still not working,  maybe the mods will sort it out soon, it’s always done that, just doesn’t usually last for so long. 

I enquired last week about a moderator assisting me with a name change, and checking when someone might be able to assist with this? I have gone through the steps detailed, including logging out, waiting a few days etc and still my original name shows up. Many thanks.
    You could try sending a private message to @Daniel Haynes