Forum home The potting shed

How to change your username

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,762
    To change any personal details, go into the Gardeners world Logo on the black band at the top of the page, select settings from the drop down menu on the right then click personal , save changes at the bottom.
    some people say you then have to log out and back in again but I never have. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• thank you for sharing
  • mihailmihail Posts: 8
    I go to edit profile and all I have are options to add my location. I keep clicking but can find no screen which allows me to change my username.
  • Pauline 7Pauline 7 West Yorkshire Posts: 1,875
    @mihail To change your username you have to go to the main Gardeners world site. Follow the instructions that Lyn has put in her post .

Lyn said:
    To change any personal details, go into the Gardeners world Logo on the black band at the top of the page, select settings from the drop down menu on the right then click personal , save changes at the bottom.
    If you still have problems let us know and we will see what we can do to help you. 
  • Stephanie newish gardenerStephanie newish gardener Aberdeenshire/Moray coastPosts: 419
    Maybe a daft question, but when you change your username, do all your previous posts change to your new name too? And if someone was following a thread you started, will they still see that thread, albeit and also be a bit confused about the name?
    I've been thinking about changing my name because I've been on here for 4 years now so I suppose I'm no longer 'newish' :) 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,371
    Yes all your name changes everywhere, with perhaps the possible exception of when it’s within a Quote ... not sure about that one. 
    And yes, if someone’s got one of your threads Bookmarked, it’ll still be Bookmarked ... that’s my experience anyway. 😊 

I find ‘ish’ covers a very wide range 🤣 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• letmein2letmein2 NewburyPosts: 3
    For some reason my username has changed and no matter what I do it will not change back. I have tried everything suggested but to no avail!
    please help 😳
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,762
    Lyn said:
    If you’ve followed these instructions to the letter and it hasn’t  worked, you may have to send a message to @Daniel Haynes
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Thx a lot! 
    Cheers and beers, everyone ;)
  • does it take some time to update? I've changed profile name, but the old one is still displayed 

Cheers and beers, everyone ;)