Forum home The potting shed

How to change your username

• Hi! Thank you, it's very useful tips
  • I cant change my user name I have tried what you have suggested.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,689
    Click on the Gardeners' World logo and then look at the top right of the new page for "My account".  Click on that and then on Settings and you can change your user name and profile info.  Remember to save the changes then logout and in again.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 3,340
    When I’ve changed my name I have sometimes had to log out, log in, several times before the change appeared.
  • Logging out and back in solved it for me.
  • I tried to change my email address from the main site. It hasn't updated on the forum section so I'm still getting notifications to my expiring address.
  • When I tried to verify my email address change from my new e-mail address: 

Server Error in '/account/1' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated.
  • I've changed my username and saved it, signed out then signed back in.  But it has stayed the same awful name that was allocated   Very disappointed.  :(

• tom19940912tom19940912 RussiaPosts: 4
    I tested it according to what you said, but I didn't find any place to change the name, which I think is not allowed.
    Look up at the starry sky on the comfortable lawn and see all the prosperity...
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,178
    To change any personal details, go into the Gardeners world Logo on the black band at the top of the page, select settings from the drop down menu on the right then click personal , save changes at the bottom.
    some people say you then have to log out and back in again but I never have. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.