Forum home The potting shed

How to change your username

• i just tried changing my user name, it said changes saved but my public name has stayed the same ?
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,492
    Try logging out and then logging back in again, this time entering the site via the Gardener’s World logo in white at the top left of the page ... that usually works 👍 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Ditto.  Save changes.  Log out and log in again.  All fine.
  • Why my username is not changing despite following the process n the system saved my new name. It is upsetting.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,492
    Try logging in via the main Gardeners World logo at the top left of the page and then going into you settings etc to change your details. Log out after that and then log in
    via the usual way. That usually fixes it. 
    😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,362
    Thqnk you so for helping me out
    Thqnk you so for providing our entertainment ....
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Click on the Gardeners World logo at the top left and sign in there. From there you can access your settings and make changes. Then sign out and sign back in again.  That usually works.

Hope that helps 😊

Thanks. It really helps.
  • clarehnzclarehnz New Zealand (North Island)Posts: 10
    After changing your username and saving it, you need to then log out and then back in
  • rupali_k17rupali_k17 LondonPosts: 5
    there is no option to change the username in settings/edit profile.