Forum home The potting shed

How to change your username

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,178
    Make sure you’ve clicked ‘save changes’
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 73,780
    Click on the Gardeners World logo at the top left and sign in there. From there you can access your settings and make changes. Then sign out and sign back in again.  That usually works.

Hope that helps 😊

Have you tried doing the above?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,178
    Doesn’t seem to be working, I get a little box telling me ‘changes saved’ but my username remains the same.
    Clare is a lovely user name. 🙂
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• FlyDragonFlyDragon Greater ManchesterPosts: 832
    Lyn said:
    Doesn’t seem to be working, I get a little box telling me ‘changes saved’ but my username remains the same.
    Clare is a lovely user name. 🙂
    Well thank you!
  • OomkinOomkin Posts: 8
    Useful post! Thanks!
  • James8787James8787 Posts: 3
    Signing in and out worked for me instantly.  :)
  • Reluctant_GardenerReluctant_Gardener Posts: 283
    edited July 2019
    Ignore/delete: changed it.

Ichanged my username earlier this evening. However I made a typo and the site isn't allowing me to correct it. 

There's an error message:
    "We are having problems doing this operation. Please try again or contact support".

When I try to click on the words "contact support" there's no html link there, it's only text.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 8,477
    Try a PM to @Daniel Haynes, he can help, although you'll have to wait until Monday (unless he's doing overtime 😁).
  • i just tried changing my user name, it said changes saved but my public name has stayed the same ?