Forum home Wildlife gardening

What is your weather like

I couldn't find the weather  discussion, so I am starting another one.
We have had a mainly dry and sunny day with a few dull periods.  The wind is about force 3 and it has been mild enough to wear a thin jacket.

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 20,432
    It is above this one, still there! But on this laptop I can't post the link. And when I post the the other weather thread will be below.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Thanks for the reply Busy - I really can't get to grips with this new layout - perhaps I will in eventually if I can afford to spend the time sussing it out.  In the meantime, I will contribute where I can.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 33,310
    edited March 2018
    Back to seemingly non stop rain again.
    How's your lovely pond coming along now @Guernsey Donkey2 ?
    Devon.
  • PosyPosy Isle of Wight.Posts: 3,601
    Yes, is it me? I haven't seen anything on the news about unusual amounts of rain but it has seemed to me to be an incredibly wet winter.
  • Our January was the wettest for a number of years, although February was one of the driest on record!  We seem to be having showers just about every day now - rainy as I send this message now Posy.
    The pond is great - we are still in the teething stages and learning as we go along - thanks for asking Hosta.  By the way Hostas - do they come back?  There is no sign of growth on the one I planted last summer - it has disappeared completely.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 33,310
    have no fear @Guernsey Donkey2, they'll be back, if you rub away the soil above them you'll soon feel the little "bullets" of the new shoots . They're usually rather sharp and pointy.
    Devon.
  • Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,150
    Rain today ☔

Here's a link back to "what is your weather like 2" for you @Guernsey Donkey2 ⬇😊

https://forum.gardenersworld.com/discussion/987237/what-is-your-weather-like-2#latest

• Wet.
  • Mark56Mark56 Windsor, BerkshirePosts: 1,653
    edited March 2018
    Since the snow nothing but rain, can't get out to do any of those put off jobs.. compacting clay and creating a muddy lawn isn't worthwhile. I did however go on the first slug patrol of the year last night on the patio, got plenty of the tiny b*ggers.