Forum home Problem solving

hebe after the snow

I have 5 or six Hebes but one of them which has larger leaves is looking quite droopy after the cold weather
Not sure which type of Hebe  .all the others with smaller leaves look ok but not sure if all Hebes are hardy

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,555
    The general rule is the larger the leaf the more prone to frost damage.   Leave it be a few more weeks as there will no doubt be more frosts to come and then prune back to a pair of good leaves when no frost is forecast for the foreseeable.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,851
    some are not very hardy. The brightest flowers and largest leaves are on the least hardy plants as you might expect  :) 
  • Mark56Mark56 Windsor, BerkshirePosts: 1,653
    I echo the others here, lost 'Katrina' variegated large leaf variety to a -3 frost or so. No place for non-hardy hebes here. :) 
  • BorderlineBorderline Posts: 4,687
    No need to do much with the Hebes now. Just wait like others have said. I have seen some pretty hardy shrubs in very droopy state in the last week or so. They need time to recover. It can be knocked back by long periods of rain which is what I have seen, but there is nothing you can do about that. 
  • centuricenturi Posts: 37
    thank you all for your advice