Update on some known issues

NoraGWNoraGW Posts: 463 admin
edited 14 May in The potting shed
Hi all,

It's probably time for an update...

These issues have been resolved:
  1. Report - the issue with the ValidateRequired error message has now been resolved.
  2. About me - you can now edit your About me. To do this, click the cog icon in the top right corner, and then clicking Edit profile. On mobile, press the menu icon in the top right, then press your username, then press the person icon in the top right corner and press Edit profile. Or, here's a link: http://forum.gardenersworld.com/profile/edit 
Here are some known issues that we're working on:
  1. Signatures and polls - option to upload a file is missing.
  2. Edit button - sometimes showing multiple edit buttons immediately after you have made a post.
  3. Edit button - disappearing after you have used it once. (In the meantime you can still edit by pressing the cog icon to the right of your post which will remain there for a full hour.)
  4. Edit button - doesn't appear when you have started a discussion. (Again, in the meantime you can use the cog icon in the top right instead.)
  5. Internet Explorer - there is a known issue affecting those using Internet Explorer to access the forum - this is being worked on. (In general, we don't recommend using Internet Explorer to use the website - Chrome or Firefox are ideal.)
Thanks all!

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 11,445
    Thanks for the update Nora.
    The Vendée, France
  • Pauline 7Pauline 7 West Yorkshire Posts: 969
    Nora.  I tried editing my profile as you explained above and I am still get the validation not allowed. 
    I tried the cog and the link. I am on Crome on a tablet. 
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 1,052
    In my profile, wanted to edit location, I get the error message "You don't have permission to do that."

You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • NoraGWNoraGW Posts: 463 admin
    Hi @Pauline 7, I've just tried editing something in your settings, could you try it again now?
    @Papi Jo > just tried the same on your account as with Pauline's. Could you try it again now?
    It still won't let me do it.  :(
    I'll report that to the team @Pauline 7 - in the mean time, you're welcome to send me the text you wish to appear there, and I'll set it for you
    Thanks Nora . I didn't have this filled in on the old site so a bit longer won't make much difference.  You have got your hands full at the moment .
  • Muddle-UpMuddle-Up Posts: 10,424
    @NoraGW....I've just  tried editing 'About Me' as per instructions, Nora, but am getting the 'You don't have permission to do that' message, same as Pauline.  I'm on  Tablet , using Chrome.
    Aberdeenshire, NE Scotland 🌞
    Could you try signing out and signing in again, and then trying? You may need to force the system to refresh after the update was made...