Forum home Problem solving

Latest posts.

What happened to the “latest posts” feature? Am I missing something? I’m having to scroll through the posts to find the last posts, please excuse my stupidity.

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 20,436
    I'm finding it's taking me to the post I looked at last time on a thread.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • LG_LG_ SE LondonPosts: 4,049
    edited March 2018
    'Recent discussions' is the same as 'Latest posts' - it shows the threads from all categories, with the ones with the most recent replies moving to the top. The 'sticky' Announcement posts will always appear at the top of the list unless you dismiss them by clicking on the cog.

You can also see, in the 'Recent discussions' view, whether anything new has been added to a thread since you last viewed it, which means that you don't have to actally go into the thread to check. And when you go into a thread, as BusyLizzy says, you are automatically taken to the point in the discussion that you last viewed  (this is 'thread memory').
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,234
    I miss the latest posts too.
    I'm also missing the back to top button. I was hoping they'd add a "go to bottom" button, not take one away. Looks like my CTS isn't going to go away after all!! :)
  • B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 24,069
    The problems is getting to the end of a long thread so that the new last post thing can kick in.
    I wanted to look at the south Carolina thread but gave up.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    edited March 2018
    Just click on the last available page in the list for a thread, whether it's 3 or 38. Then you will have viewed the last posts in a thread and next time you go in, you'll be taken only to the posts you haven't read yet.
    - Cicero
  • Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,150
    I think all the threads have re-set to take you to page one the first time you look at them. After that it takes you to the last post you read.

The "latest posts" page is now called "Recent discussions", and can be found in the green box below ⬇
    edited March 2018
    I miss the latest posts too.
    I'm also missing the back to top button. I was hoping they'd add a "go to bottom" button, not take one away. Looks like my CTS isn't going to go away after all!! :)

When you're at the bottom of the page, 'Forum home' takes you to the top of the 'Recent Discussions' (aka 'Latest posts'), which is quite useful. I know it doesn't take you to the top of the page of a thread you're on, but it's something.
    - Cicero
  • Pauline 7Pauline 7 West Yorkshire Posts: 2,144
    PP.  I use the " forum home " button to take me to the top of the page . Saves scrolling. 
  • NoraWNoraW Posts: 393
    Hi all,

Latest posts
    is now Recent discussions, and can be found via the Discussions tab at the top of the page.

The last page of the thread is navigable by the pagination at the top and bottom of a thread - the first and last page will always show.

Excellent tip @Pauline 7 - the Forum home link at the bottom of the page is a quick way to get back to Recent discussions.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 33,314
    thanks for that tip Pauline. Just tried it and it works a treat.
    Devon.