Forum home The potting shed

How to post a new discussion

• BucksgraniteBucksgranite Posts: 3
    I bought fifteen tree lily bulbs following a fantastic four that I grow in a pot. I planted the bulbs last Autumn and they started to grow to about nine inch high. The frost killed the whole fifteen.  I bought another twelve tree lilies and planted them in the garden, they were doing really well but again the frost hit the middle of the stem and wilted it. How do I save the bulbs for next year?
  • HousecoHouseco Posts: 1
    I have a rhododendron that I didnt dead head last year as I'm a novice at this. It went to seed and didnt bloom this year. It has grown long stems and new leaves. Should I prune this new growth back to encourage blooming next year or is it ok to leave it alone.  I've searched high and low and cannot find the answer and as this is an inherited rhododendron from my late father I'd hate to destroy it though ignorance. Thank you in advance for any information.
  • tsmartytsmarty Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me what this shrub is. It smells disgusting whilst it’s in flower.
  • B3B3 Posts: 14,992
    It looks a bit like elderberry. Do the leaves in the photo belong to that plant?
    BTW next time go to the new discussion drop down and start your own thread. You'll get more replies that way😊
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 7,053
    @Bucksgranite, @Houseco and @tsmarty, just to let you know it's likely your questions won't be seen on here, as it's a "How to" thread.
    Have a read of the instructions on page one, and start your own thread. That way your question should be spotted  :)
  • 1vickywilson1vickywilson Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I moved house 4 years ago and I have a wisteria plant which has just produced 3 flowers in the last month for the first time. I pruned it twice last year and gave it rose feed a month ago, it has lush green leaves. Do the flowers bloom at the same time or can I expect to get some more soon? I think the plant is about 20 years old.
    Thanks in anticipation.
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 6,129
    I have these two beautiful roses which I have had for about twenty years .I can’t remember there names , any ideas . They both have gorgeous fragrances. Thank you for any help that you can give me .
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,099
    This is purely an information thread
    You need to start a thread following the instructions [ or just by pressing the drop down menu on the purple icon at the top of the page entitled 'New Discussion' ]  as your queries will probably not be seen by people who can help you  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 7,053
    @1vickywilson , @Rubee, see @Fairygirl 's comments,  your questions might get lost on this thread  :)
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,498
    edited 9 July
    I don'-t know why forum is deleting my post when I add https://www.promo/coupon/chiquito
    this link.....
    Because this is a gardening forum. 
    Also because you are a business and businesses posting on here have to have permission from the editor. See T&Cs below. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh