Forum home The potting shed

How to post a new discussion

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,501
    edited October 2019
    Hi @threelittlebears

It’s a double flowered hollyhock ... Alcea rosea “Chater’s Double”. 
    You can grow them from seed in the spring (but they take two years to flower) of you can buy little one year old plants in the spring that will flower in the coming summer. 

https://www.mr-fothergills.co.uk/Flower-Seed/Hollyhock-Chaters-Double-Mixed.html#.XZdBBiXTXYU

https://www.crocus.co.uk/plants/_/alcea-hollyhock-chaters-double-mixed/classid.2000024840/

Other suppliers are available. 

PS you’ll be better off starting a new thread for your queries in future ... that way we find them more easily 😊 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ROSE.2010ROSE.2010 Posts: 10
    Looks like double hollyhock 
  • ROSE.2010ROSE.2010 Posts: 10
    Hi there, I put alstroemeria tubers in a big container 3 years ago (bought from jparkers, uk) Each year 8 inches shoots come out and die back but no flowers. I move the pot in my unheated greenhouse during winter.  Have topped it each year with a pile of compost. Any suggestions on how to get it to flower? I live in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 7,053
    Hello @ROSE.2010:)
    You would be better off reposting your question in a new thread. It may be missed here or just thought of as spam as it has no relation to the thread that it's in.
    Just tap on "New discussion" on the top right of the forum home page, select "plants" and title it something such as "Alstromeria query".  That way more people will see it and you should get good feedback .

• Simon Wright3Simon Wright3 Posts: 34
    Thanks for the information!!!. It’s very useful!!!. I am Horticultural Assistant who works at a garden nursery, but closed at the moment. Hopefully open again soon. 
  • hasbo2135hasbo2135 Posts: 3
    hi I bought a plant a couple of years ago but forgot the name has any one any ideas please
    hi another pic of plant
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 29,698
    Its a rhododendron Hasbo.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
    thank you ladybird 4i was hoping for the name aswell
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,107
    There's hundreds of them, so virtually impossible to tell the variety. A popular white is Cunninghams White, but a wider view may also help   :)

If you post a thread on the forum [this thread is an information one ] you may get some suggestions.
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....