How to post a new discussion

GW-TeamGW-Team London, United Kingdom.Posts: 17 admin

How to post a new discussion

From any page on the forum, you can click the purple button labelled New discussion, as below.

You’ll be taken to a new page with drop-down options for categorisation, as well as a text-editing box for you to write your post in. 

First, choose the category you’d like your discussion to appear in from the dropdown list. In keeping with our previous versions of the forum, there’s a choice of Plants, Problem solving, Fruit & veg, Wildlife gardening, Garden design, Tools and techniques, and The potting shed.

When you’ve selected an appropriate category, write the title of your discussion in the text box Discussion title. Don’t include too much information, but make sure people can easily understand what it is you’re asking. For example, if you’d like to identify a rose, it would be more helpful to write ‘Rose ID required’ rather than ‘ID required’.

Then, in the main text box, write your post in full giving all important details. From here you can also upload pictures, embed videos, or format your text.

When you’ve finished your post, you can then either post it straight away by clicking Post discussion; save it as a draft to come back to later by clicking Save draft; preview it before posting by clicking Preview; or cancel to go back to the forum by clicking Cancel.

• I have a Winter Beauty Clematis which flowered beautifully last year but not this. It has lots of healthy looking leaves but no flowers. Any ideas why? Thanks
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 25,785
    Hello Elaine and welcome to the forum. You have actually started this discussion in the wrong place. At the top right hand side of your web page, you will see a maroon box with New discussion although I notice that on the example given I see it is on the left. Click on that and you can enter the Category (e.g. plants); the Discussion title of your thread (e.g Clematis Advice) and then in the box underneath type your question.
    There are lots of people who will be able to give you better advice on your clematis than I can but I suspect that maybe your clematis was pruned at the wrong time thus removing the flowering shoots?
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • I can see my digital magazine on my iPad, but can't get it in my Samsung tablet.  Anyone know why and how to solve this?
  • Fleur4Fleur4 Posts: 1
    I want to get rid of ants but not kill ladybirds are ant traps safe for ladybirds
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 25,785
    Hello Fleur4 and welcome to the Forum. Ant traps are safe for Ladybirds. I should know!
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • jad1jad1 Posts: 130
    Help please.re broad beans. The flowers on the beans are turning black. Could this be because of the amount of rain and also cold. Never happened before
  • Fran IOMFran IOM Posts: 1,078
    Hi @jad1. If you haven't started a new thread just follow the instructions given by @Ladybird4 above.
  • I've got a black grape vine in my greenhouse, what precautions do I need to take for keeping it alive in winter. This is my first time growing one
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,891
    Hello @sheila_longden ; :)
    If you look for the fruit and veg category (there's a list of categories in green on the right hand side of the page), and post your question there, you should have some replies. 
  • Does anyone know what this plant is called.  I have seen it in a garden and love it.een