Forum home The potting shed

How to use search on the forum

2»

• B3B3 Posts: 16,514
    It doesn't find things even if you have the title right
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 2,131
    edited 22 February
    Since lockdown, I think the GW Team have more pressing things to do than man the site.....unfortunately. 
  • Does anyone know how I stop receiving alerts for this thread? :smiley:
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 8,194
    Does anyone know how I stop receiving alerts for this thread? :smiley:

If you have a star at the top of the page, you can unstar it and you should stop getting the alerts.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 8,194
    One possible issue is that the search function seems to only search for keywords in the body of the posts and doesn't search using keywords in the title. Which is daft. We remember threads by their titles.
  • gerryvassgerryvass Posts: 1
    I'm trying to find out what to do when gooseberry plants have been defoliated by sawfly. I can see loads of questions but no answers...
    I think you burn all fallen foliage, cut back plant and let it regrow in spring. bear in mind you may not have much fruit after the pruning. Maybe some new plants would be an idea. Best to remove the critter at first signs, dont spray.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 24,224
    Not just this website.  The search function on BBC Food and BBC Good Food have deteriorated markedly in recent weeks tho in the case of BBC Good Food it was after an "upgrade" to the site and its functions.

Google it will have to be in future.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Fire said:
    Does anyone know how I stop receiving alerts for this thread? :smiley:

If you have a star at the top of the page, you can unstar it and you should stop getting the alerts.
    Oh thanks, @Fire . Alas, I have unstarred it several times, but it doesn’t seem to want to stay that way... perhaps I need to save my settings or something.
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 2,131
    edited 28 March
    If you tap on the little cog wheel at the top right hand side of this page,( or any page really, it's always there)  ( it's in the back strip along the top)it will take you to your Settings. Tap Edit Profile and then you can change your preferences re Notifications. Tap Save when finished @Cambridgerose12. However, the change will apply to all threads not just this one I'm afraid. You should be able to Unstar it though, as Fire suggests but the site is doing all sorts of mad things at the moment🙂