Forum home The potting shed

Accessibility

• Any chance of getting the thing voice activated???
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 5,985
    Thanks for all your suggestions. My laptop is a touch screen one which I thought would be easier, funnily enough the wireless mouse with the desktop upstairs is worse for me.  Not sure about voice activated - think I would drive my OH mad!  I think I'll just have to persevere using my left hand. It's odd, don't you think, as most people are right handed, to have the most used icon on the left? It can't be just me. 
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 2,143
    I have never used the Forum Home button I go straight to Discussions in the top bar.Seems to go to the same place?
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,150
    Yes, madpenguin is right. They both go to the same page.
    I called it 'recent posts' earlier, but it's Recent discussions.
    Shows up in the green bars, underneath All categories on my screen.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,498
    Kitty 2 said:
    Yes, madpenguin is right. They both go to the same page.
    I called it 'recent posts' earlier, but it's Recent discussions.
    Shows up in the green bars, underneath All categories on my screen.
    That’s what I do  :)

I never use the Forum Home button. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,988
    I often use the Forum home as it's the quickest way of getting back to the Discussions page.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,557
    But if you are on a touch pad, the ‘Recent Discussions’ on the green bar on the right is easier. (If you’re  right handed) 
    unfortunately, the Forum Home at the bottom is on the left and can’t be changed, so no other way, other that scrolling to get to the top.   Which I think is what the OP asked about in the first place. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 5,985
    You're right Lyn. Having been advised to use the Recent discussion button, I am finding this a bit easier, although it does mean scrolling back to the top each time. My original query was addressed to the GW web bods to see if they could help but haven't had any response yet.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,193
    I have "Recent Discussions" in my Bookmark Bar so I never have to scroll or click on any part of a forum page to find it.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,498
    As I said ... if you’re using a laptop,  hitting the Home button on the keyboard will save you from having to scroll up to the top of the page ... then hit Recent Discussions or Bookmarks or whatever ...
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh