Hello Forkers March 2018

• LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 1,965
    edited March 2018
    Good morning :). Hope you had a good flight, Chicky. Are you there yet? (sorry, am clueless).

I'm off out into the garden in a short while. It's a beautiful day here, though somewhat soggy after heavy overnight rain, so I'm going to make the most of it. Am hoping the gang will all find their way here during the course of the day - so Hello Everyone!
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 14,349
    Morning Dove, LGL, Chicky and Wonky. :)
    SW Scotland
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 51,379
    Good morning LGL :smile:  Love the sig :wink:

Hello there Joyce :smile:  Glad you found us .... this is going to be so good ... 

however, today is parquet waxing day  :/   
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

I've amended my signature as I suddenly remembered that we'd discussed that it would be a good opportunity to indicate whereabouts we are (roughly)  ... do people think that makes the sig too obtrusive?   Will it look ok when we get used to it?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

I've amended my signature as I suddenly remembered that we'd discussed that it would be a good opportunity to indicate whereabouts we are (roughly)  ... do people think that makes the sig too obtrusive?   Will it look ok when we get used to it?
    Doesn't look too obtrusive at the moment, but speaking from experience on other forums (fora?), when everyone adds sigs and especially when photos are added, it's time to use the switch off option! In which case, loads of people won't even see your sig anyway, so you'd have to point out your location when relevant regardless. In my opinion, better to keep most info in your profile. Of course, that is just my opinion - but don't rely in everyone seeing what you put in your sig.

Hope the parquet work goes smoothly (did you see what I did there?).
    And hello @Joyce21! Hope you've been keeping warm and well?
    - Cicero
    The preliminary washing of the parquet always stresses me ... silly isn't it?  I grew up and lived most of my life  in  ancient farmhouses where the imperfections just added to the attraction ... when we moved here the care of the  immaculate newly restored 1960s parquet seemed a huge responsibility  :*  

Looks like there's a blip and I'm all alone here ... I'm sure Nora will soon sort it out :smiley:

• Lily PillyLily Pilly Central southern Scotland Posts: 3,775
    Hello, am I in the right place, just switched on. Need to explore
    Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
    A A Milne
    Hi LP, yes you are :). But the redirection doesn't seem to be working so people are still getting the 'forum closed' message - it's been a tad quiet in here. I've just come in from the garden. Brrr there's a chilly wind! How's the weather up your way? 

I'm thinking of PMing a few people with the https://forum.gardenersworld.com/ address - I wonder if they'd see the PMs though?
    - Cicero
  • NoraWNoraW Posts: 393
    Hi guys, the link to the forum is now live on gardenersworld.com, but people may need to refresh the homepage a couple of times in order for it to change… If you're emailing others feel free to give them the forum address forum.gardenersworld.com