Hello Forkers March 2018

• Lily PillyLily Pilly Central southern Scotland Posts: 3,827
    edited March 2018
    Punk you do get to interesting places😄😄😄 hope delivery comes soon
    never got up to my Pilates class, rascal number 2 dog has done a runner! Can’t find the wee b....r anywhere. Village all know him and there is no barking going on anywhere. Am getting a tad worried. Dogs get lifted around here
    Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
    A A Milne
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 13,456
    Hostafan1 said:
    and it's blowing a gale and pouring with rain. Can today get much worse?

It can, at the weekend we have - c temps again! 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,530

Morning all.
    I woke up to the Stephen Hawking news too. Very sad but hasn't he done well! He's way outlived his life expectancy.

It has poured here, with very strong winds, while we've been away. The wheelbarrow I forgot to put away is full to the brim. Today is nice though, sunshine, so I must get out and start clearing up the garden.

I haven't heard of Gianni Snicchi so can't comment, but I love La Bohème.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 53,868
    We have sunshine  B)  the ground will be dried out just in time for the snow at the weekend  :s   I've just made a batch of wholemeal bread dough and it's proving while I have a quick slurp of coffee before setting off for tennis.  I'll turn it into loaves when I get back ... 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,434
    Hello everyone. 12C out of the wind here but parky in it.

Had to do an emergency run to the local SM for onions and Parmesan and doggy treats but am now all set for a busy afternoon outside.   More weeding and planting.

Hosta - I googled Devon+ballroom dancing and found classes in Barnstaple, Plymouth, Newton Abbott and more.   Give it a go.  If OH isn't interested there are nearly always women looking for dance partners.

I haven't made anything but soda bread and a couple of naans for ages Dove.   Can't get either round here.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 1,841
    Hi to all,could not get on last night but I think it was my system not the site. Actually managed to get to plot yesterday but the ground is very wet, some of the lower plots have large puddles on them. As others have said it may dry today only to be ruined again tomorrow & the weekend.
    Prof Stephen Hawking- triumph of mind over matter exemplified in spades.
    AB Still learning

• Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 1,841
    Ooooh I have just had a nice letter from DWP, it seems I am going to get paid to do my gardening after all  :D
     I know we are all 27 on here but I always liked round numbers and having made it to 30:35 in January  & I had gone through the torture of the website at the end of last year, when I phoned last week to find out what was happening I was told they had no claim from me on the system at all  :s  Computer glitches etc etc so I had to go through the whole rigmarole again on the 'phone.  Just as well it was an 0800 number including suffering the pain of the opening 4 bars of the 4 seasons over & over for nearly 20 min I was on the phone a total of 1 hr 10. At least I am getting something back after paying in for so long.

AB Still learning

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 6,831
    There's a big yellow thing in the sky and both fleeces are now off.
    Time slide, place to hide, nudge reality
    Foresight, minds wide, magic imagery, oh-ho...
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 53,868
    punkdoc said:
    There's a big yellow thing in the sky and both fleeces are now off.

We've got that too Pdoc .... it's a bit hazy but it's definitely there ....... but given that we're expecting -2C in a couple of days I'm leaving the garden alone until the cold snap has gone.
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,434
    Getting grey here now, no doubt building up to nasties forecast tomorrow.

OH has just asked if I want to go to the golf club end of winter competitions dinner.  I try to be a good wife but, having seen the menu, I have to decline.  The prospect of endless golf post mortems is bad enough.  Starters are a choice of mozzarella with choggia beetroot or steak tartare - don't like mozzarella and can do carpaccio but not tartare.   Mains are confit duck - too greasy - or skate wings with chorizo which I find overwhelms every other flavour on the plate, especially fish.   He has a late pass for that day.

I'm off outside to play now before it gets too brassy.  
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw