Hello Forkers March 2018

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 3,992
    LilyP, snap with the sore hands!  It's easy to get over-enthusiastic, I find.  And yes, please, save me from eating too much lemon sponge... it's got home made lemon curd in the middle...   :p
    "Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change"    Stephen Hawking
  • Lily PillyLily Pilly Central southern Scotland Posts: 3,105
    Now how am I meant to go to sleep thinking of lemon sponge with homemade lemon curd?
    Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
    A A Milne
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 3,992
     Oops... sorry!  (Now where's the "embarrassed" emoji?)   :*
    "Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change"    Stephen Hawking
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 14,705
    @Lily Pilly
    P.S.  Here they are ... "... Sweetpeas, Lilac Ripple, Chatsworth, Percy Thrower and Mollie Rilstone.
    Devon.
    I'd love to find a dance class/ group to join. 
    Back in the day, I did ballroom/ latin dance classes. I had to give up when I was 12 after my Father died ( Mother couldn't afford the classes any more ) 
    Think Billy Elliot, he was doing ballet in a coal mining town, I was doing ballroom in a shipbuilding town ( Greenock ) Same scenario, I'd disappear for a few hours every Saturday morning , but none of my friends knew where I went.
    Devon.
  • Pat EPat E Posts: 6,316
    Hubby made Chicken and Leek pies last week Dove. Most of them are safely in the freezer for those times when he can’t be bothered cooking.

S. E. NSW
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 1,226
    Hosta you should definitely do that! There must be something you can get to, especially with your penchant for happily driving long distances. Your story and rediscovery of dance could be Billy Elliott 2...  ;) 

BL, care to wax lyrical about Gianni Schicchi for me? I know it'll grow on me when I hear it being practised frequently, but it's just not working for me at the mo. I think I may be in the Obxx camp with opera - love the big tunes, but can't get into the rest.
    I love opera, especially the weepy Italian ones like La Traviata and La Boheme. 
    We're off to see Tosca at the end of the month ( funnily enough, the only other opera I saw at ROH) and I can't wait.
    Devon.
    edited 14 March
    I'd like to like it. I love orchestral music, and most of all, I love choral music. I think I'd enjoy the spectacle and occasion of going to an opera, but the music itself... not so much. I think the only 'full' opera I've actually been to was a modern piece based on Oliver Sacks' 'The Man Who Mistook his Wife for a Hat'  :o.

Edited to add: by Michael Nyman
    Ooh hello Pat, I didn't see you there!