Hello Forkers March 2018

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 5,306
    Just picked up my knitting again, Dove...   :D
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • Daisy33Daisy33 LondonPosts: 1,026
    Hello, I popped in to read this thread as I was interested in Pat's Australian pics. I have seen lots mentioned about @pdoc's work down South, but it's not forthcoming what it is. I was curious and wondered if a bit more info could be given?
  • Daisy33Daisy33 LondonPosts: 1,026
    My mistake it seems to be @punkdoc .
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,403
    Mmmm that pie looks mouthwateringly good, Dove.

Opera fans, have you seen Gianni Schicchi (Puccini)? Bow is playing in it next month and I'm finding it difficult to find a way in. Any tips?
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 2,755
    Hosta - that's brill! I don't usually tolerate adverts but that one had caught my eye!
    I can't knit but I think that gardening has similar effects (well if you don't count the injuries, filth, aching back and RSI from secateurs!) 
    Crumbs - didn't notice the time... time for bed Zebedee! Sweet dreams all.
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,682

Yes thanks, Lily P, OH's eye is heaps better now, still having the drops. My eyelid still has a lump on it now the rest of the swelling has gone down. Think I'll go to the doc tomorrow.

Had Pizza and fell asleep in front of the TV.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,047
    I think I'll stick to dancing Dove.  I don't make as many mistakes and it too helps you age well - memorising steps; coordinating mind, body and rhythm;  laughter; sociability - a good mental and physical workout on several levels and OH likes to play too.

LG - sorry, but I only like one Puccini tune and that's a bit hackneyed now.   Same problem with every opera I've tried and there are lots - only one good tune in the whole long, silly story.

Bed time here too.   G'night all.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,682
    Lucky you Dove, I love Puccini. I like opera and ballet too. We've been to a couple of operas at the Theatre Royal. We have seen quite a few at the local French cinema live from the New York Met, good but not quite the same as going to a real one.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,663
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lily PillyLily Pilly Central southern Scotland Posts: 3,845
    Busy, I am sorry I didn’t realise you had a sore eye too! Hope doc can help
    Hosta,  that would be enough to drive me nuts, where is common sense nowadays?
    Dove, I am sure I saw a list from yiu earlier about sweet peas? Can’t find it now tho. Can you repeat the varieties? Maybe I should start another thread
    Liro I will help you with lemon sponge😄

hands sore from over pruning. It is so rewarding tho, maybe I should have been a hair stylist!!  How do their hands not get sore?

night
    Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
    A A Milne