Hello Forkers March 2018

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 19,968
    Evening all. Home before 8 !!!!
    You're gonna love this.:
    Right, I'm due to finish at 8, so I'm rota'd to drive until?? 8.43.
    Because I'm a super duper sort of a chap , I call my customers to let them know I'm running early and would it be convenient to come to them early. 
    Long and the short of it, I'm back in store at 6.55.
    I unload the van, post van checks, get it back into the car part etc so I go to the duty manager:
    " I'm back almost 2 hours early ( not a flicker of reaction ) but I didn't take my 30 minute break. Can I go home in 5 minutes? ( it was 7.25) 
    " you're supposed to have your break when it says so on the route"
    " the break was scheduled AFTER my last delivery "
    " I know what you're saying, but......"
    "OK so, shall I go and sit in the dining room for half an hour then work between 7.55 and leave at 8?"
    " just this once you can go early. "
    Do they understand the meaning of DOGMA?
    I wonder if I'd rocked up 2 hours late if I'd have been met with the same level of indifference?
    Devon.
    Where are you seeing Mad Butt @Dovefromabove. The last time I saw it , it was at The Royal Opera House, Covent Garden. 
    Get me eh?
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 51,389
    edited March 2018
    @Hostafan1 ; we're seeing it just down the road here at the lovely Norwich Theatre Royal ... it's this production  http://www.britishtheatreguide.info/reviews/madama-butterfl-sunderland-empi-15479

Are you feeling better now?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 4,994
    Bit creaky here too, post gardening.  But learnt from Friday's experience to do several different jobs, rather than wear out my pruning hand... and wore my thickest leather gardening gloves, cos my Rosa moyesii bites me on a regular basis.   ;)

Glad you've got home ok BL, and found an easy way on to the forum!

Any pie left, Dove???   :p
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
    Help yourself Liri  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 6,475
    Correct AuntyRach.
    My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I
    Got out of bed at all
    The morning rain clouds up my window
    And I can't see at all
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 4,994
    Ooh, thanks Dove!  I've worked up an appetite and OH is out...

I could swap for a slice of lemon sponge if desired.   :)
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
    edited March 2018
    Did anyone see this new advert? 

@Dovefromabove, I feel better after seeing this advert.
    We had the most ridiculously camp version of this track as we left our wedding ceremony after signing the register.
    Devon.
    Chuckling here Hosta ((hugs))  ;)

Lemon sponge very acceptable thanks Liri   :)