Hello Forkers March 2018

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,028
    T'wasn't opera Obelixx ... it was a series of Chopin Etudes .... and as I say, after the interval  ;)

We're off to the opera next week ... Mme Butterfly  <3
    and then in May we hope we will have tickets for this https://nnfestival.org.uk/whats-on/talvin-singh/  as my son works with him.  

Eclectic tastes? Moi?  ;)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,404
    Sounds like a good day, Obxx. I know what you mean about muscles / skin being unaccustomed to gardening though - I'm finding the same here, as I've only done little bits and pieces for a while.

Sorted out the liner at one end of the pond today, and made a little boggy bed. Got to do the same at the other end at some point soon, but no chance tomorrow when the weather's good as I'm at college.

Chicky, you probably won't see this as things will have moved on so much bg the time you land - but I hope you're having a good journey.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 6,984
    Hi all.
    Quite pleasant outside today, even managed to take 1 fleece off.
    Time mainly spent sticking canes in, where various new additions, divisions,seeds etc., are going to go.
    Plant delivery tomorrow, I can't even remember ordering, but not complaining. It is from Paddocks, so I am sure they will be good. 
    You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand
    The things you think are precious, i don't understand
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,682

Hello all. We are back in France now, arrived early at the airport as traffic was flowing well. Hope Chicky's journey goes as well, of course it is much longer.

Good news! My own Laptop has signed me into the Forum with no trouble. Maybe it had to do with OH's Laptop being Windows 7. Only problem here is slow Internet so haven't seen Chicky's photos yet, photos take a little time to arrive.

Dordogne and Norfolk
    Supper time ... chicken and leek pie anyone? 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 6,984
    I'll bring the wine Dove.
    You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand
    The things you think are precious, i don't understand
    edited March 2018
    You're very welcome Pdoc  :smiley:

Glad you're home safely BL  :)

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,047
    We're having shepherd's pie with very garlicky sweet potato mash topping.   Had lots of help cutting up the meat from a roast.

Hot shower was lovely.  Might go mad and do a foot treatment this pm.  Need to be ready for flip flops and sandals.   

Busy - Windows 7!  No wonder you were having bovver.  Glad you're home safe.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 2,755
    Evening all. Been busy with work yesterday and then an afternoon gardening today. So much to read back on, but I've spotted a mega pie, some koalas and new lyrics from Punkdoc already (Neil Young?). Hope you are all doing ok.
    This happened today, what is it?: some scratches on my hands (from an un-gloved encounter with a Pyracantha whilst pruning), mud under the fingernails, and a few freckles on the nose... 
    answer: gardening season is back! 

My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • Lily PillyLily Pilly Central southern Scotland Posts: 3,845
    edited March 2018
    I look tonight as if I am self harming!

Chicky hope your journey ok
    Dove that looks a nice pie, 
    Pdoc glad you had some outdoor time
    So today my lovely dil, a Physio by trade given me the annual lecture about not overdoing things in the garden in the spring lol
    Busy  it will be nice to be home and glad your pc has found the forum! Is oh feeling the benefits of his op?
    LG and Aunty you have both been busy today,  
    has anyone tried Hymalian salts in a bath. Recommended to me today. 

Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
    A A Milne