Hello Forkers March 2018

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 2,734

imagehe had apple crumble and ice cream for the mot work! image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 53,221

Wonky ... not to mention the Big Issue seller I once found on my sofa ............ imageimageimage

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Things are back to normal next door ... the carer has been ... Mr F is up and dressed and in his chair watching his tv ... he has a flask of hot drink and something to eat and his house is toasty warm ... all is well image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 5,118

Happy new month everyone!  image

I'm surprised we're still "switched on" here...

"The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,197

I got the snow shovel out of the garage , while I still can.  The neighbours cat finally went home at 11 pm last night. I had  carried him round and put him by the fence twice. Twice he beat me back  to my back door. Third time he refused to exit the back door. Fourth time, he trotted off in the snow up to his belly like he hadn't a care in the world. I suspect today he will put up with the two dogs, rather than a visit to the quiet house.

Nanny Beach, check your drip pipe from the boiler. If only the end is frozen, take it off and put a bucket underneath.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 2,875

Still no call back from heating engineers, but YEAH the emersion heater DOES work, oh my the water is HOT, lucky I tested it before I jumped in, there is no visible thermostat on the tank to regulate this. So just had a lovelly shower and feeling quite warm, have closed all doors possible and the lounge is a balmy 14d!

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,197

I bet the tech team are taking a snow day, if they have any sense.

Hubby had to go to docs yesterday for a blood test. While he was out, I got him to get two large milk and a couple of bags of porridge as my stock was low.  I found another bag of blackcurrants in the freezer, so purple porridge for us for breakfast.  Plenty of stuff in the freezer, so we are staying put today.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3

OH says he'll walk down to the shop later for some milk, eggs and whatnots ... we appear to have run out of carrots ...... that never happens image

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,370

Oh, hello image Still here? Red warning for us this afternoon, but I went shopping yesterday so don't need to go out. OH decided not to attempt to go to work. So he's here trying to defrost the water to the kitchen instead image

Last edited: 01 March 2018 09:59:49

To search for perfection is all very well, but to look for heaven is to live here in hell
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 14,646

Dove, you will be missing the farm shop as will your OH.

SW Scotland