Hello Forkers March 2018

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 14,079

Any spare biscuits for those strays Wonky?

Doesn't look too clever your way either Joyce.  Take care.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 2,539

A plate of biscuits for the strays each day Obelixx image and a bowl of water....I tend to look after all animals and birds I come across! Even had ONEFOOT my injured pigeon that I saved came back to visit for dinner yesterday, very distinctive markings and almost tame due to me feeding him daily when he was injured, lovely to see the little fella!

Dove I'm in purple dressing gown for a last session, back to work wear Monday! image

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 14,079

Well done Wonky.   No strays here but then we do have 2 dogs running around so they'd scarper.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

More snow coming thick and fast now!

Had to dig my car out yesterday of just under a foot of snow!

Then somebody obviously slipped and righted themselves by grabbing the car as the alarm went off then hazard lights were flashing for hours so I've probably got a flat battery now! Kind neighbour woke me and told me at 2.44am...kind of him but no sleep after that!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 49,226

Wonky's a good 'un ... she'll always look out for the strays ... animals and people ...  I remember when she was cold and skint she gave her KFC lunch to a lad who was sitting outside the takeaway begging ... proud of her image

"Oh, for the good old days when people would stop Christmas shopping when they ran out of money."  Anon

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 13,682

Wonky, hope you have a smoother start to you day on Monday.

SW Scotland
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 12,427

A good six inches of snow here. I cleared a patch for bird food but it is covered over again. I filled up the water tray but they don't seem interested in a cold bath. The boiler went out. We have a new one with a drain , it had an icicle coming off it where it exits the old coal house, so we removed the condensate pipe and it is now dripping into a bucket.  I guess my bro is going to be busy on boiler duties today. They don't tell you these new boilers are most likely to break down in freezing weather.   Mums old boiler might not be super efficient, but it has been going 40 years without a breakdown. Sometimes simple is best.

Last edited: 01 March 2018 09:19:39

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
  • Pat EPat E Posts: 7,231

Still looking in folks.image

S. E. NSW

Thanks Joyce image hope you manage to stay warm!

Dove, that's me all over... And there was the time I found some people that didn't have a home outside the village shop when I was about five and brought them back to ours! imageimage

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 49,226

Oh Wonky!!! I'm sure Glynn at the garage will sort your car out ... he's another good 'un image  and he loves your cakes. 

"Oh, for the good old days when people would stop Christmas shopping when they ran out of money."  Anon