Forum home The potting shed

Hello Forkers March 2018

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,454
    It's always a disappointment when you're hoping to hear someone special ... but sometimes you get to hear someone very special instead ... as I'm sure you know,
    "...Pavarotti made his American début with the Greater Miami Opera in February 1965, singing in Donizetti's Lucia de Lammermoor opposite Joan Sutherland ... The tenor scheduled to perform that night became ill with no understudy. As Sutherland was traveling with him on tour, she recommended the young Pavarotti as he was well acquainted with the role  (Wiki) 
    I'm always hoping to hear the next Pavarotti ... but I've not heard him yet ... 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 24,662
    I met Pavarotti once, and I heard him sing at the concert in the pouring rain at Hyde Park.
    Devon.
    Hostafan1 said:
    I met Pavarotti once, and I heard him sing at the concert in the pouring rain at Hyde Park.

The sound system used for that Hyde Park concert now belongs to my son and his business partner.   :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Hostafan1 said:

The sound system used for that Hyde Park concert now belongs to my son and his business partner.   :)
    Has it dried out yet?
    Devon.
    It's working well ... top quality equipment ... wonderful tone  ... heard it up and running just the other day  <3

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,395

Glad you enjoyed Tosca, Hosta, one of my favourites.

We watched the Easter service from King's College Chapel on TV this evening. Stephen Cleobury conducted and he will be conducting part of the concert in Ely Cathedral that OH and 2 of our friends will be singing in in July.

I've made Tandoori chicken pieces and smoked salmon muffins for tomorrow's Bring and Share lunch after church. Will make a salad tomorrow morning. Also done a bunch of daffodils, cowslips and forsythia for the church, all the women have been asked to bring a bunch of something.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Pat EPat E Posts: 8,738
    Only 9 hours ahead now. It’s always tricky to get the body used to new time, but it’ll be easier to chat to you over there.😀

S. E. NSW
    Hiya Pat. 
    I've just ordered 13 Hostas from 
    https://www.hostaparadise.com/a/catalogue-list.aspx
    With almost 3,500 different varieties, I think I've been very restrained.
    Devon.
  • Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,305
    Morning all, not doing much today. Got a leg of lamb that's been boned. Haven't had lamb for a few years, always very expensive. Thought we would help the British farmers out a bit.
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Heard my first dawn chorus of the year :)
    First morning I've been up early for a while.
    SW Scotland