Forum home The potting shed

Hello Forkers March 2018

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 5,257
    Haven't watched GW yet, I usually record it on Sunday, but if they were talking Hellebores in Kingswinford it has to be Ashwoods.  I live a 5 minute drive from there.  Last year I went on one of their hellebore tours and they showed you how they propogated them, it was really interesting.  I am so lucky to live so close, but the temptation is terrible.  Just told hubby about it and he said that he wouldn't be suprised if I were in the background as I spend so much time there.  Cheek.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Weeding in the rain brings up too much soil along with the weeds chicky and the task takes longer by the time you get the soil off.
    SW Scotland
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,866
    Joyce - I know, but I am getting quite desperate 😲

Yvie - kept my eyes peeled, but didn’t spot you ...your secret’s still safe 🤫
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,454
    Tucked up under the duvet ... night night all ........
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• kristine015kristine015 Northern Ireland Belfast UKPosts: 66
    night night Dove
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better. -A. Einstein 
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,189
    That is John Masseys garden, alongside the canal. It is at the back of Ashwood nurseries, and open for charity about once a month.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,395
    edited March 2018

How exciting, Chicky, a new car! What sort is it? What colour? My favourite colour for cars is red, nice and bright and racy.

Maybe that's why I couldn't hear that man properly on GW and had to turn the sound up a bit.

I think Monty should have left those bay trees. I've seen the leaves die like that here when we have hard winters, but when left, if they aren't dead, the new leaves grow and the old ones drop off.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,189
    I would have waited too. Yes, they look awful now, but they will come back unless the whole plant is dead.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 24,662
    edited March 2018
    why did them up ( adding to their stress ) with the aim of replanting them, perhaps later this year? Makes no sense to me either.
    I love the Prof's garden.
    Devon.
  • Pat EPat E Posts: 8,738
    I’m at a loss to comment about your weather. We have 30 c today, again, no rain predicted for the coming week, and I want to transplant some seedlings, but feel it will stress them too much in this dry heat🤨.
    Wonky, you sound SO much happier. Very glad for you.
    Hubby’s cousin turned up yesterday afternoon. There is a Land Rover “do” on in town this weekend with a parade etc, (Main Street closed to other traffic), and Hubby’s cousin has a  VERY old Land Rover which will be in the parade. Cousin lives in Victoria and came up here especially for the “do”. Anyway he decided our spare bedroom and “Master Chef” food was preferable to a sleeping bag at the showground. Hubby produced a double lot of herb pasta (With my fresh herbs of course) with a very tasty tomato and Capsicum sauce. No left overs.
    Hubby has pulled out a large corned beef from the freezer, so I guess that’ll be tonight’s meal. Not my favourite meal, however it’s a good chance to use it while there is a large eater here.
    re. The coffee stories, I always ask for flat white. I don’t like having half a cup of foam keeping my drink too hot to swallow. I told my coffee lady that I don’t like having a doona on my coffee. She thought it was very funny.
    So ... what to do now. Too hot for my gardening project, feeling guilty about no Ukelele practice but not in the mood, maybe a little bit of painting in my art room, or ... I could just lounge here and play cards or jigsaws. Hmmm. Probably the latter. 🤫.

S. E. NSW