Forum home The potting shed

Hello Forkers March 2018

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,399

I love Hot Cross buns but I don't suppose they could be thrown over the English Channel!

Obelixx, capuccino here usually has canned whipped cream on it, not foam.

I have now put all my seedlings in the GH on the heated mat or in electric propagators. Most have germinated but some were going a bit spindly.

Fish pie in the oven.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 5,261
    edited March 2018
    Enjoyed a lovely roast chicken dinner earlier and I'm now sipping a very nice Marlborough Estates SBlanc and eating a Choccie Bunny (the one with the bell).  A lovely fire in the log burner.  All in all a lovely evening.  I'd feel quite content if the weather forecast didn't say rain all day tomorrow. :/
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 19,982
    I know Busy and the café at Leclerc in Luçon thinks it's a cross between coffee and hot chocolate which is fine if you're expecting it but I have found a few that do the real thing.  Don't like canned whipped cream on anything.

I have taste tested one of my rustic Hot X buns and it's fine.   9 left but I have to share with OH so none to spare.  Sorry.

Just watching a recording of This Week with Andrew Neil giving a heart-felt wake-up call about anti-Semitism and not just in the Labour party.  Good for him.   

I don't care what the weather does tomorrow, my spuds and shallots are going in but if it rains again like today that'll be it.  However, if it rains like it has today I shall then give up and go and sand a new/old wardrobe ready for painting.

I hope everyone's weekend is shaping up well.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • kristine015kristine015 Northern Ireland Belfast UKPosts: 66
    Ooh 😮 Dove that looks absolutely nice!! I’m a little jelly lol would be nice with a cuppa tea right now ^_^
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better. -A. Einstein 
  • WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 2,966
    edited March 2018
    Evening all, morning Pat, 
    Been busy today, had a dry morning, cold but dry so the cats and I spent a few hours in the garden, dividing some perennials. Even the cats had enough after a couple of hours and told me the weather was too horrid to persevere and they went indoors and to sleep and I went to the local global food shop and for a large goat leg cut into large lumps which is now marinating in spices for curry goat to go in the slow cooker for Easter Sunday with rice and peas, having a few friends over. Really need some sunshine if anyone had any!!! Or some hot cross buns! Dove 😉 x

Have a lovely evening all🐣🐤🐥🍫
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Wonky, I think sunshine is going to be in very short supply this weekend :'(
    SW Scotland
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,487
    I've saved some buns for you Wonky  :) 
    just watching GW. Liked that chap's garden but his rising inflection at the end of every phrase was soooooo irritating  :s
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 2,966
    Oh Joyce it's horrid and wet added cold here, I'm just watching last year's episode of gw for the same time if year and it looks like summer by comparison! Hope your keeping warm and you get some sun Joyce! 
    Dove, yummy thanks very much!!! 😋😘
    Safe journey tomorrow, well be lovely to see you! X
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 5,870
    Carol Klein's piece on hellebores came from Kingswinford.  Anywhere near you, @Yviestevie?

Agreed, Dove - it was really hard to concentrate on what the rising-inflection man was talking about, even though he seemed to be talking a lot of sense about the flowers he grew... I think  :|

Anyone else find the Bud Light ad sets their teeth on edge?  "Noweth in bottles."  Have they never read Shakespeare, or the King James version of the Bible??

On a happy note, a big banner has just appeared on our market hall, saying it's just been voted "best small market hall in Britain, 2018".   :)
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,868
    Think the Hellebore bit was Ashwoods ....one of Yvie’s favourite places :wink:

Loved the sheffield garden so much that i didn’t listen to his intonation :smiley:

Tried to calculate how much the frazzled bay trees, planted last summer, must have cost :(

went out this afternoon and bought a new car 🚗 .....just as well, as after 166,000 miles, my current beast is beginning to grumble :confounded:

So sick of this weather that I have resolved that I will weed in the rain tomorrow if needs be.  :o

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.