Forum home Plants

What is it

Sometime ago I was given some seeds by a friend which she described as "Magnolia Bush" seeds. They looked like Maltesers. I put them in a container of sand and forgot them as I understood they had a long germination period (2 years). This year I noticed some growth and duly planted them in seed compost in small pots.  They all have plants coming from them but my query is they don't look like Magnolias, my thoughts are that they are peony's.  I would love to upload a photo but can't see a way of doing it.  Anyway there are 3/4 sections to each leaf which are serrated.  Any ideas?  I can e.mail photo if required.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 19,544

Use the camera icon in the top corner of the message box.  Follow instructions.  If it doesn't load you need to reduce the size.

The forum will close for a week tomorrow for a new upgrade to be launched.  It will be readable during that time so load the photo quickly and you may get some answers in time.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,093

paeony seeds are bit like Maltesers.

Make your photo smaller, the site doesn't take large ones

• I'm being particularly obtuse I think.  I have the icon and I have the photo in my picture gallery, but I don't seem to be able to download! Help - not done this before so feeling a bit stupid!

• On my PC I can't upload direct from 'Windows Picture Gallery', I have to select it in 'My PIctures' first.

Worth a try!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,872

image  The photo glitch is back ....... I can't post photos now although I could earlier this morning ... I think this is probably it for photos as the forum is closing down for a week from tonight in order to upgrade. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,290

The new site will take photos of all sizes, hooray! 

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Its just a plant in a pot!  I click on the camera icon then go to my photo gallery but I don't seem to be able to download, there doesn't seem to be a thread which allows me to do this!  Have tried copy and paste but that doesn't work either.  Getting a bit frustrated, but once I do it I will know how.  Any ideas anyone!

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,290

Don’t bother now, there’s a glitch, no one can post photos and I doubt they will bother to fix it as the new site is almost ready to go ?

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Think I will wait a bit.  I am in no hurry as my mystery plants are just at the "plug" stage. My greenhouse is getting a little crowded with stuff that is ready to harden, but the weather is just too cold, and I need to start getting my seeds in - but my biggest fault is that I am always trying to hurry things, forgetting that when the weather warms, it all catches up anyway.  For now I am going to sit by my fire and plan and go through a couple of tomes to see if I can spot them and try again in a couple of weeks to download the photo.

Thanks everyone