Forum home The potting shed

Goodbye to brittle plant saucers that crack & break.

I was delighted to find some plant saucers that are made from an excellent rubberised plastic material. Unlike the rubbish brittle  plastic ones that break so easily.

Not only are they far superior, they are a fraction of the cost. Sold in the pound shop, they are 3 for £1.

The 7 inch size are what I need, so have stocked up on a few. (Not seen smaller ones yet , but when other manufacturers catch up, other sizes will no doubt roll off the production lines).

Once you try these you will never waste your money on the brittle plastic ones again.

Last edited: 25 February 2018 09:34:02

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,521

I JUST USED CHIPPED DINNER PLATES.

OF WHICH WE HAVE A CONSTANT SUPPLY IN OUR HOUSE.imageimage

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,641

The few I have are plastic ones bought from the garden centre ..... not cheap but I've never had them crack or go brittle.  I've had most of them for around 20 years so they've more than earned their keep image

Last edited: 25 February 2018 10:08:56

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

•  Is that a press I see under the table Fire Lilly? What do/did you press with it?

Last edited: 25 February 2018 12:08:12

• It's an antique book press (around 1890) that I picked up at a flea market. I haven't used it yet, but I will one day make a book for fun, it has mostly been used here as a door stopper (old house with doors that close themselfes). 

• B3B3 Posts: 15,054

Cheap picnic/barbecue plates are good too.

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,641

Are we talking indoor or outdoor plant saucers ? ..............I was talking about outdoor ones. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Is there a difference? I use mine indoors on the windows sill.  I suppose I could use them outdoors but I don't think  there is a need.