Forum home Plants

woodruff

RubeeRubee Posts: 8,916

Hi I have a fairly damp area that gets the sun in the mornings . I have lots of plants in this area but still have some bare areas. 

I was thinking of using woodruff in these areas .  My question is :::::: will woodruff grow around these other plants  and live happily with themor are they likely to choke the them ?

• RubeeRubee Posts: 8,916

Thanks  MU  i will order some .

The bare areas put together measure about 3 Feet square . How many plants do you think I will need?

Thanks MU .

• Pete.8Pete.8 Posts: 11,317

I discovered a patch of woodruff under a shrub in my garden. I was about to pull it out as I thought it was cleavers. Glad I didn't.
    I have one plant and over a couple of years it's covered an area about 2ft in diameter.

Billericay - Essex

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Have looked at that link MU thanks for your help.

Thanks Pete 8 that gives me some perspective.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,431

not sure re the acid soil comment. Very alkaline here and it grows well in dry shade

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Very alkaline here too ... solid chalk just below the topsoil ... woodruff grows just fine here image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• DimWitDimWit Posts: 553

If anybody has woodruff seeds and would like to exchange for something, I'd be glad to hear from him/her. Thank you.