Warning for tender plants

Paul B3Paul B3 Posts: 1,984

Just been looking at three different weather forecasts ; BBC , netweather and weather in UK .

All indicate by this time next week we're in for a very cold spell , probably snow coming in from the east .

Just thought I'd warn fellow members to look out for anything they're growing on the tender side !

Keep warm .

Last edited: 18 February 2018 13:17:34

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 47,925

From the east .................... oh 'eck!  That means we'll get it image

"...tea and toasted buttered currant buns, can't compensate for lack of sun because the summer's all gone..."   Autumn Almanac - Ray Davies
  • Paul B3Paul B3 Posts: 1,984

"Aye.................and fire and brimstone shall fall from the sky"...image

Same here Dove , I'm In E.Lincs. ; can't wait to be working in that !image

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 10,276

The East winds always make it very cold here to in Devon, West wind is the best but brings the rain. 

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 
    I live in fear and desperation,
    should I die before I die to live again.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 47,925

Paul ... nothing to slow the wind between the Urals and here image

"...tea and toasted buttered currant buns, can't compensate for lack of sun because the summer's all gone..."   Autumn Almanac - Ray Davies
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Paul B3Paul B3 Posts: 1,984

Just looked at the link , let us hope they're wrong !

Be ironic really , here's me bragging to myself on how my plants have got through in an unheated greenhouse ; Oh dear !

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 2,583

Metcheck has it cold - below freezing but not by so much - 3 or 4 degrees below zero over your way, close to zero for us, Lyn. A couple of days when it may not get above freezing in the east of the UK. Very cold wind mind you, but their forecast at the moment is largely dry, not with lots of snow. It's still quite a long way ahead in weather forecast terms of course. Anything can happen 

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time
    Sir Terry Pratchett
  • LearnincurveLearnincurve Posts: 291

Met office are predicting it will hit us in 8 days time.