Forum home Plants

Spring bulbs

slwslw Posts: 14

Yes- already planning next year's bulbs. They are a bit thin on the ground this year as rats took a fancy to many of them. They were particularly partial to the tulips. I saw Monty on one of the Gardeners' World programmes recommending online ordering- he seems to buy them in 100's without the fancy packaging.Can anybody suggest spring bulb mail order catalogues which are reasonably priced? 

Thanks in advance,

Sarah(hoping next year's spring bulbs will fair better without Mr Ratty gorging himself)

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,403
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 31,605

Do you really think MD worries about the cost?

Devon.
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,863

I have found Parkers to be reliable for spring flowering bulbs in quantity. The only time I had a few that were substandard, they sent another pack out without a quibble.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • slwslw Posts: 14

Point taken. He is not 'MD' for nothing is he!  

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 31,605

"He is not 'MD' for nothing is he!  "

That's a moot point. image

Devon.
  • Peter Nyssen  -  always good quality, been using them for about 40 years, never a problem!  Fair prices too. Christopher LLoyd recommended them in one of his books and I've used them ever since.

• FireFire LondonPosts: 14,052

Gee Tee bulbs are great. Cheap. Friendly staff. Bulk buy.