Fruit Trees

hi all

like to buy some patio fruit trees (cherries; plums, apples) which fruit this year.  There seem to be so many suppliers out there so has anyone got any recommendations about where the best place to get these from might be?

Last edited: 28 January 2018 13:20:10

• LearnincurveLearnincurve Posts: 291

I’ve always cut out the middleman and gone for nurseries. Had 7 trees from http://www.blackmoor.co.uk/m/ and they were top quality.

I know people recommend orangepippnstrees/pippinstrees but be aware they are a dealer for other nurseries so your trees will have been shipped twice. 

• Hi Learnincurve

Thanks for the steer, I’ll give them a go.

Paul

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 3,775

Another vote for Blackmoor nurseries.

Also had excellent trees from here too - https://www.orangepippintrees.co.uk/

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • SlumSlum Posts: 178

For £5 off an order over £30 at Blackmoor, use the code 'blackmoor5' in the redeem box at checkout. It is valid until 30/4/18. They sent me the code with a recent order I received. 

• Singing GardenerSinging Gardener EssexPosts: 636

I've had trees from Pomona fruits and Ken Muir and they've both been very good. Not cheap though!

• Thanks Singing Gardener - not so worried about cost (within reason) as quality is more important. 

Paul

• treehugger80treehugger80 Posts: 1,618

Blackmoors are not cheap, but it shows in their plants, they're excellent and have a greater variety of choice than most garden centers

plus your sure they're what they say - i've had friends buy trees from garden centres and they're not what they're supposed to be like apples that were supposed to be pears or double flowered cherries that were advertised as morrello's

• What a lovely lot of people you are around here. So kind and so helpful?.

Anyway, lot’s of fruit trees on order and even a gooseberry bush to boot!  Can‘t wait to get them all settled in and wait for the harvest!  Ok so I may have to wait until next year but that just gives me an excuse to be out in the garden to check on how things are  developing.

A great and fruitful summer to all.

Thanks again.

Paul

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 3,775

Wishing you many years of happy harvesting Paul.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.