Garden Gallery 2018

JamesOJamesO Posts: 213

Thought I would start a new thread off for this year,  had a look through could not see one so here goes.

Great early start to the new gardening year knocking things into shape, plenty of early starters.  Plenty of the usual pests rats from the field over the fence seems to have gone now and squirrels eating crocus bulbs but overall not a bad winter season few more weeks to see off yet longing for spring now. 

Last edited: 27 January 2018 15:34:16

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 2,225

No, only because I have no clue how to post pictures on here!(or anywhere else for that matter!)

• JamesOJamesO Posts: 213

We changed it from red cedar to the blue seagrass it shows the plants and shrubs off well  but the bird mess does show up well so gone round every couple of weeks with disinfectant to clean

• KaymayKaymay Posts: 56

Thank you James. I remember your beautiful garden photos from last year so lovely to see all the bulbs coming up. My camelias have been flowering for about 3 weeks so spring is definitely almost here (but maybe not this week!)

Looks so beautiful your camelia Kaymay , we just got our first this year Camelia Volunteer.  Its potted up now with bark round the top.  

• Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 1,059

James & Kaymay- Wow your Camelias are very early, My buds are colouring up but definitely staying tight for now, other signs of life though.

AB Still learning
  • PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 1,156

Lovely camellias, what variety is that James ? I not seen one before with some many petals.

A lot of your plants are well in advance of mine, i haven't got anything flowering yet, a crocus looks like it might open soon.  I got a new camera now so hopefully I'll take more / better pictures this year image

• Mark56Mark56 Windsor, BerkshirePosts: 1,540

Keen to know the variety too Kay, I recognise it as one of the earliest Spring flowering Camellias

Last edited: 05 February 2018 11:58:19

Hi Perki its called Camelia Volunteer.  This is its page at crocus https://www.crocus.co.uk/plants/_/camellia-japonica-volunteer-pbr/classid.2000020956/

But you can get them at many places across the UK. We are  just starting it off in a pot for now, as we have it close to the house as we have glass doors that look out across the garden so its nice to see it while sitting down but will have to move it as we progress as it gets a lot of sun in summer

Last edited: 05 February 2018 12:04:21

• KaymayKaymay Posts: 56
    Mark56 says:

Keen to know the variety too Kay, I recognise it as one of the earliest Spring flowering Camellias

Last edited: 05 February 2018 11:58:19

See original post

Not sure Mark as it was already planted when I moved in. I live in Cornwall so lots of the camelias have been flowering for weeks. I spotted the first ones out in December. All the daffodils are out in the fields too.

Last edited: 05 February 2018 12:47:48