Forum home The potting shed

Calling all allotment growers

Hello all - this posted was put on the notice board at my allotment site, I emailed and got the go ahead email says:  it would be fantastic if you could share the word on the forum - we are still looking for participants.

Miriam Dobson PhD researcher, Animal and Plant SciencesThe University of Sheffield

Here is the poster picture

If interested - email: [email protected]    let her know your name/ address you will get sent a (free) diary to use

I thought it would be interesting to do so going to take part

Hampshire Gardener

• Thanks for that  Gardengirl. I've sent off an email and would be happy to take part as well. 

• Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 2,585

I have forwarded this information to my local federation of Allotment societies it covers about a dozen Allotment sites in the N London area.

AB Still learning

• Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 4,080

Brilliant you have emailed Ladygardener2 and Iain R sure they will really like having more people take part as she did say so in email to me -  hope your societies will take part

Hampshire Gardener
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,156

I can't see they'll be interested in my veggie plot as it's in France but I've posted the info on the Allotments4All forum to see if anyone there wants to join.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I have got my diary today an A5 white ring binder with printed out pages inside some instruction and lots to fill in looking forward to filling it in

Hampshire Gardener

Here are photos of the diary for you all to see

Ring binder

Showing inside ring binder and pages

First page to write when you start and where your plot is

This is an example of a filled in form to help with filling in the forms when you go to your plot

About your plot - questions to answer

Sketch of your plot

The form you are asked to fill in there are 50 double sided pages of this so giving you 100 days and you can ask for more pages if needed

Fill in as much as you can about what you have done, time at plot and weather

Hope the pictures helps everyone and for you obelixx

Hampshire Gardener
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    How are the doing with the diary
    Hampshire Gardener
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,156
    I spotted a mention of this project in the RHS magazine.  I hope they get enough participants to do significant study.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,439
    Filling in my diary , going to to plot today 
    hope everybody is well