Forum home Plants

advice

adiholladiholl Posts: 12

hi 

i have a veronica and a salvia next each other ,but with quiet a big space between ,im looking for some complimentary flowers to dot around in between them to break the structure up because veronica and salvia have both similar flower heads and together are a bit boring veronica is white in colour and salvia is a megenta 

anyone have any ideas 

kind regards a holloway 

Last edited: 21 January 2018 12:46:49

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

If I were you I would wait until this summer and see how big those two plants will grow.

My Veronica’s grown from seeds and put in as tiny plants grew last year to about three ft across, same with Salvias.

give it a while and see how things go. 

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• PerkiPerki Posts: 2,492

Can you be a bit more specific on colour and positioning in the flower bed ( front of border ? ), do you want them flowering at the same time? I was think more on the line of - centaurea montana  blue - Geraniums orion / rozanne / other geraniums - Achillea maybe - Grasses are good for adding a different structure - purple leaf sedums .

I had a similar problem last year with a blue veronica and purple salvia, I ended up moving the veronica problem solved image

• adiholladiholl Posts: 12

hi there 

yes i would like them flowering at the same time yes 

they are more the front of the border would prefer the flowers to be darker than the white veronica and the magenta salvia just dabbing around them kind of thing 

i could move the veronica but i already had done that as it got mildew on it  so i moved it to a sunnier position with the salvia i did think dalia's or alilums but im worried they will grow to tall and look silly 

regards a holloway