Forum home The potting shed

Ring tones

hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,992

Totally non-gardening!!

I am thinking of changing the ringtone on my mobile (Currently Cohen's Halleluijah) to something else. No idea what.........

What ringtone do you have? or any suggestions?

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 8,550

Nice thread.

I am not savvy enough to change my ring tone, but there must be some good gardening ones.

Scarborough Fair - Simon and Garfunkel.

No Surprises - Radiohead. Contains the line: " Such a pretty house, and such a pretty garden. "

Did they tear it out with talons of steel
    And give you a shot, so that you wouldn't feel?
    And washed it away as if it wasn't real?
  • PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

Had four phones two for free (Granddaughters) came with inbuilt ring tones and two cheapo's pay as you go and the built in ring tone the latest plus flashing light. They ring in and out text in and out, the phone cost £36 and I top up a couple of times so round £20 a year. Why I ask would I even try texting on something a mouse could not hide in, madness.

I did think about putting an air raid siren on it but with the world as it is decided not a good idea.

Frank.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,630

I've often thought of using this one ..... but never got a round tuit ... I'm getting a new phone before long ... I may just do it 

http://m.cellsea.com/ringtone/6865965/bing-crosby/-busy-doing-nothing 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

Doghouse, the first computer's I ever saw were in the Army, our Mobile workshops was followed by two signals trucks. I had company Clerks who wrote down in long hand every thing we did from Armour in inspection, what was done and out inspection, all paperwork had hours worked and by whom spares used and why. The Signals took those sheets and put them on the Computer. I then had to send a dispatch truck with the print off and the hand written paper works to the HQ. I asked why do all this twice? We do not trust the computer was the answer? then why use it? we have been told we must !!! The other signals truck was to transmit messages in code, we called it Fernando's hideaway, we never saw the men inside yet we were supposed to order all our spares through the computer and the secret society. My workshop NCO's would write out a 108 chit I would sign it and we could get spares from any where in BAOR in hours, the secret society took weeks. Pieces of paper made the army work, computers threw the system into disarray, Needless to say my faith in computers was shattered.

Frank.

Last edited: 17 January 2018 13:12:27

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,459

I don't have a smartphone so I'm stuck with the selection that came with my phone.  But I'd like to have "Wake up little Susie".  It was my first record, a gift from my big brother, and very apt because I'm a night owl and waking up and getting out of bed have always been a huge effort for me.  If I had it on my phone I could use it as my alarm clock.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,520

WERE ONE TO JOIN THE MASSES AND PURCHASE A MOBILE TELEPHONIC DEVICE (THOUGH QUITE WHY ONE WOULD DO THIS WHEN ONE’S BUTLER IS PERFECTLY CAPABLE OF RELAYING A THIRD PARTY’S COMMUNICATION) ONE WOULD UNDOUBTEDLY CHOOSE THE FOLLOWING ANTHEM.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E8gLhkHxoEU

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • I'm with Pansy on this one ........no mobile ( no butler either sad to say ) but either a Dawn Chorus or a Whale "song" would suit meimage