What I did today

Lawn tractor did not come back from the services shop to spread the bark shreddings. So spent the day cutting planting the area were I had removed an old evergreen and what must  be my 40th holly as there was another identical one next to it and neither has any berries unlike the other 38 of them, Planted in there place a Camellia, a Cornus and a Hydrantha with Pulmonaria, Helleborus , Liriope  and Lily of the valley underneath them. Then spent the rest of the day cutting back the plants in the bog garden such as iris sibirica, and primulas, removing the leaves from around the rockery where the acer had finally dropped them and then wedded the rockery area as they have started to grow already here in the SW of the country. Finished of by washing 2 out of the 7 birches bark to reveal the lovely bark underneath. Hope to finish the rest tomorrow or Sunday.

• madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 734

Sounds like a busy day!

Can't wait to get back in the garden but weather not too good and builder still has his stuff around where I want to work image

“Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 1,885

Don't take out your last male holly, unless your others are self-fertile varieties,. or there are others around!