Seed and Plant Swap 2018

• LearnincurveLearnincurve Posts: 291

In the next week I'm going to be sorting out my seeds and then bagging up any spares on Wednesday ready to post out so check back to this thread then :)

I have a request - cuttings. I'm looking for shrub and rose cuttings purely for myself, but the next bit is more important; Tree cuttings,  I asked the head teacher of my son's special needs school today if they would be interested in some weeping willow cuttings for the children to grow and she told me yes as they now have a forest schools area that could really do with more trees. I would love to be able to grow them some more from cuttings so if you can help me out with any that while everything is dormant then that would be be amazing. 

• KaymayKaymay Posts: 56

I have following seeds going spare. If anyone would like please PM me. Am happy to split the packets. The Physalis is a perennial and the Antirrhinum (snapdragon) are annuals

Last edited: 23 January 2018 12:14:40

Grr the photo is the correct way way up on the preview page!

Much easier using my phone !

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 1,056

These are shop-bought seeds with "best before"date:

Black eyed Susan.     2020

Cornflower, claret coloured flowers.   2021

Cowslip.   2019

, Mesembryanthemum, undated.  I suspect the date was on the upper edge of the packet and got torn off in opening.

Mimulus tigrinus.   8/2016

Morning glory heavenly blue.   Undated

Pansy winter flowering.  Undated

Stock, night scented.   7/2017

Sunflower teddy bear.    7/2019

Annual mixture "Pictorial Meadow".      12/2018

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 1,056

These seeds are gathered from my own and friends' gardens, with year of collection:

Agapanthus, blue.     2015

Allium, purple.    2017

Foxglove, cream/mauve.   2017

Honesty.    2014

Marigold.   2017

Nasturtium.     2016

Nigella, blue.   2017

Poppy, red single.    2017

Poppy, pink double.  2017

• NewgardeninggirlNewgardeninggirl Tamar Valley, CornwallPosts: 20

I have many seeds to give away of anyone would like to have them: 

Clarkia crown double mix

linaria northern lights 

zinnia envy

zinnia giant dahlia 

didiscus blue lace dahlia Pom Pom 

zinnia lilliput 

please get in contact if you would like them x 

• Chris 11Chris 11 NottinghamPosts: 192

I have a number of spare self-saved chilli, sweet pepper and tomato seeds. Including some rare and unusual varieties.

I've got plenty, so don't necessarily need any swaps, but let me know if you've got anything interesting.

I'm likely to ask for an SAE or postage to put off anyone asking for freebies without making any regular contribution to the forum then disappearing.

There don't seem to be many tomato or chilli growers on this forum, but happy to help out anyone with genuine interest and enthusiam.

• LynLyn Posts: 9,057

almost all of us grow tomatoes but with self saved seeds you really don’t know what you will get, they don’t always come true to the mother plant. 

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 
  • Chris 11Chris 11 NottinghamPosts: 192

Lyn, I don't know who you mean by 'almost all of us' and why you feel able to speak on their behalf.

And what you're saying is simply not true for tomatoes, unless you're saving from F1s, which is something different to traditional heirloom varieties.

There are exceptions, but the overwhelming majority of non-F1 tomato varieties will breed true.