Adventures in my garden 2018

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 14,714

Marion, remember Paradise Gardens tonight.

SW Scotland
  • happymarionhappymarion Posts: 4,591

TY Joyce.

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,114

Hi Marion, is it to early to sow sweet pea seeds in doors?, last year we had a sudden frost in early spring and they didn't survive image

• happymarionhappymarion Posts: 4,591

Why not sow a few now and the rest later.  Sowing early if we have mild weather means lanky weak growth which can succumb to a cold snap as you found out last year.  I am a great believer of not putting all your eggs in the same basket.

Thanks Marion sounds like a good idea, right now it's very cold here, icy pavements, rain and snow ? But next week the temperature is going upto 11c crazy, I'm glad coz it's my mums birthday on Tuesday image

Who's watching big dreams small spaces ? 

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 5,189

I watched it, Flumpy.  We need more gardening programmes in the winter...

"The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore

I've recorded all gardeners world last year so I can watch them in the winter months and prepare my garden for this year image

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 6,448

Hello , just found site 

Hope all’s well with everybody 

Flumpy enjoy the G/W repeats , hope it inspires you image

No gardening but lots at allotment 

In fact Gardengirl posted a message from Sheffield University about allotment holders keeping a diary for a year for some research they are doing , so applied and got one 

All the best image

• Hello...found you! Hope you are well Marion, same to all those who post on this threadimage