Adventures in my garden 2018

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,209

Marion, I remember the icicle photos that your sister sent you last year.

SW Scotland
  • happymarionhappymarion Posts: 4,591

The Eastern coastline of the USA is just south of my sister and is expecting its lowest temperature in living memory tonight!  Yes Joyce last year they had freezing rain - imagine icicles raining down on your head instead of rain!

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,114

Wow Marion, hope your sister is ok, i never knew it could get so cold.

your flowers look so colourful, they brighten my day up, just come back from my mum and dads house, there cat has gone missing who is suffering with a ear infection, she's been missing since Friday image so worrying in these cold tempretures, this is her.........

Awww,  She is no doubt sound asleep somewhere warm.  They are experts at finding warm spots on top of cars that have just been driven!

I hope she comes home image

I hope the cat has come home or at least has found a warm place in this cruelly cold weather. Flumpy.  beautiful blue skies and dry but too bitter to venture out. This is the time when TV would do well to show us round some lovely gardens in their full glory in the summer to get our imaginations flowing for our own gardens.

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,209

Marion, there is a series starting, I think later this month, Paradise Gardens.

Moghul gardens if my memory is correct.  I have visited some of them in India, Kashmir and Pakistan so I am looking forward to seeing them again.

Sunny here but the ground is frozen.

SW Scotland

im afraid she's not come home and it was -2 last night and -1 tonight image

Good news!! She's turned up, a bit wobbly and tired but she's back!, she's a fighter image

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,502

That must be a relief for her and your parents.   Clever puss.

Marion - I still have some pelargoniums alive outside in pots but looking just a tad windswept after hurricane Carmen hit our bit of France a few days ago.   Good luck with the veg in pots.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw