Adventures in my garden 2018

Happy gardening New Year everybody!  I hope you all have great flowers, veg. and fruit in the coming seasons.

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 3,992

Ah!  Just found this, Marion.  Happy New Year to you too - hope your garden gives you pleasure all year.

"Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change"    Stephen Hawking
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 11,330

Liri, thanks for mentioning Marion's new thread.

It wont be too long before we are rewarded with the flowers from the spring bulbs image

SW Scotland
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 7,199

Happy New Year Marionimage look forward to following your gardening adventures image

The Stone Age didn’t end because they ran out of stones ......
  • flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 2,768

Ho! There you all are image Happy New Year 2018!

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 2,768

Hi Marion, what's your plans for this years gardening?.

cold, damp but sunshine in the Northwes, what's the weather where you are?

• happymarionhappymarion Posts: 4,591

Very cold here but dry.  I think I will have even more meadows of mixed annuals this year (my ninetyeth) as they look so flamboyant and are easy.  I think i will do lots of my veg. in pots this year to save on the digging whch is a bit beyond me now.  Bush type runner beans in a big pot will give me lots of beans. My pelargoniums are still flowering their socks off so perhaps I will treat myself to a few more colours and some doubles this year.

Some pics of my pelargoniums and up the garden.  Too cold to go as far as my snowdrops.  Biting wiimageimageimageimagend.  The orchard is carpetted with apples so my bird friends will be happy.

Bird food.image

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 11,330

Marion, you have had months of colour from your pelargoniums.

I think it's a good idea for you to have veg in large pots rather than digging the ground. You can sit and work at pots which is what I do.

With this cold spell following the wet one I don't know when any real gardening work will get done.

SW Scotland

I have just looked up the weather where my sister lives in Canada and she has daytime temp. of =20 with windchill of -32.!  I would die in such temperatures.  I think it will be a few weeks before we get any gardening done.