Forum home Plants

House plants

Joy90Joy90 Posts: 35

What house plants do you have? Here are some of mine several are over 10years old.imageimageimageThe ones near the woodburner seem to thrive as long as I mist spray every couple of weeks. 

We also have cacti imageimage I can’t seem to turn my first picture the right way up!

• Nice collection Joy - I recognise a few of thoseimage

• Joy90Joy90 Posts: 35

Thank you Philippa what house plants do you have? I also have amaryllis and an orchid in my bathroom!

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 19,933

I have a ficus benjamina and a multi stemmed ficus elastica I brought home from the office in the late 80s so over 40 years old now.  They had belonged to a colleague who died of cancer.  I have an asparagus fern and a syngonium podophylum which are both in their 20s and a Christmas cactus in its late teens.   

More recent acquisitions are a hibiscus sinensis with gorgeous rich gold flowers that was given me as a teeny cutting 5 years ago and 4 orchids which were gifts and an aloe vera I bought for when I burn myself in the kitchen.   Needless to say I haven't burned myself since I got it.   

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw