Best Garden related Christmas present

Guernsey Donkey2Guernsey Donkey2 Posts: 3,926

What was your favourite garden related Christmas present received this year?

I was given a new pair of those gross looking, but highly practical plastic/rubber purple garden clogs.  They look pretty naff, they are not environmentally friendly but are hugely handy when nipping out to feed the birds or hang the washing. Other presents included a new bird box, and a new bird bath.

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 10,999

I had a year off garden presents having recently had a gardening birthday with lots of lovely plants.  This year it's sewing and crafting so a Sizzlix cutting machine and some dies.  Lots of fun coming up.

The Vendée, France
  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 2,882

Nothing at all gardening related apart from the Felcos I bought myself - but lots of chocolates!!! Small compensation I know but..........

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • Guernsey Donkey2Guernsey Donkey2 Posts: 3,926

Chocolates - yum!  Due to my allergy problems I haven't been able to eat chocolate for 20+ years, but don't worry - I ate more than my share for the first 35 years of my life!

I had a die cutting machine when I used to craft Obelixx, it was fun to use and the results were amazing. I remember having an alphabet and 0 - 9 numbers, which enabled me to add ages to children's cards, some flower shapes and various other bits and bobs. Happy Crafting.

• A Bosch AHS 60-26 hedge trimmer brought by my 2 daughters. I had been saving up for to buy this as it had the best reviews based on it weight and length. As it had been lovingly Christmas wrapped it appeared to look like a musical instrument with its blade protruding from its main box. 

Very happy that my daughters acknowledge my love for gardening and neat hedges ?

• RedwingRedwing Posts: 847

I got a grape vine Lakemont. It’s a deseart variety and I am going to plant beside a door and train it up and over and around.....just what I wanted.

i gave my sons girlfriend a pair of secateurs.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 15,226

I love this one.image

Devon.
  • Guernsey Donkey2Guernsey Donkey2 Posts: 3,926

Queen of the garden, now that rank you above the rest Hosta, it shows appreciation for all your efforts doesn't it.

The Bosch hedgetrimmer and Lakemont grape vine are very worthy presents, great that your efforts outside have been acknowledged greenfingers and redwing 10/10 for thoughtfulness.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 15,226

The same friends bought me thisimage

Devon.
  • Hi Guernsey 

I already dropped hints to my daughters that I require a new petrol mower. It will be very interesting too see that Christmas wrapped??

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 24,405

I was given the opportunity to play in the garden. image