First Daffs?

imageMy neighbour always has the first daffs, but never seen before in December, are these the first of the season?

• Mark56Mark56 Windsor, BerkshirePosts: 1,653

There are a few January and February flowering varieties but could be March/April ones arriving because of the milder weather

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,624

I saw some 2 weeks ago today near Bude and I saw my first primroses yesterday.

Devon.
  • SuesynSuesyn Posts: 177

The daffodils on the grass verges in Yeovil (planted by council team ) are starting to flower now, previous years have been even earlier but last year didn't until well after Christmas. Primroses in my garden have been flowering for about 6 weeks and hellebore so since September 

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,766

There are some out in my garden - 'Rijnveldt's Early Sensation' - they were out in mid December last year, the first two opened on Christmas Eve this year. They are all out in the first week in January at the latest. I don't have many as it's a bit odd really, but a few unseasonably cheerful flowers always help lift the spirits as a replacement when the Christmas decs come down. image 

You've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em
    Know when to walk away and know when to run