I Don't Believe it.

Plants can't foretell the weather ... how well they flower and fruit is the result of the weather that has gone before ... that's science. image

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 13,928

Correct Dove, Fancy the ‘scientist’ not knowing that!

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 54,564

I think he knows that Lyn ... he's just starting a thread that he thinks will ignite 'debate'  .... the thing is we seem to discuss this every winter ... image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 25,992
    Dovefromabove says:

I think he knows that Lyn ... he's just starting a thread that he thinks will ignite 'debate'  .... the thing is we seem to discuss this every winter ... image

See original post

discussed almost as often as the barbecue summer/worst winter for 40 years 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,500
    nutcutlet says:

discussed almost as often as the barbecue summer/worst winter for 40 years 

See original post

Stopped clock principle image. They'll be right every now and then

It's hard to love, there's so much to hate
    Hanging on to hope when there is no hope to speak of
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 25,992

they will raisingirl image

Hazel -- says:

Or it just may be that Mike is engaging in conversation and wanting to think about other things in his life right nowimage

See original post

Mike is very welcome to pop into Hello Forkers for a chat ... image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

We chat about all sorts of things in Forkers ......... definitely about how things have changed image image  .... I think Mike would be more likely to get real conversation with others on the chat threads ... just starting a thread then sitting back seems to be a lonely thing to do when there is so much Goodwill to go around   ...

As you say ... I think we've said all there is to be said about 'climate change' for the time being ... but I don't suppose that'll stop it being said again image