Greenhouse Monitor

Hi All,

I am trying to find a product for my Dad for Xmas.  What I have in mind is a remote sensor that can be placed in the greenhouse that will ideally report to a screen in the home to display current temperature etc.  Ideally, it would also show humidity, light.. even a soil sensor/hygrometer/ph meter function would be great.

Is there such a product?  And which would you gardening guru's recommend?  Must be easy to read etc.  App based is a possibility but a standalone unit would be preferred.  Would really appreciate any advice you could give regarding this.

• scrogginscroggin Posts: 2,049

There may be such a thing for commercial greenhouse use. I can't see there being much need for the amateur gardener, generally the greenhouse is close enough to the house for you to see conditions first hand. Remote temperature sensors are numerous but one that encompasses all your requirements would probably come with a hefty price tag, if indeed it exists.

• Pete8Pete8 Posts: 2,831

For my purpose I got a CLIMEmet weather station

The outside sensor is waterproof, so I leave it in the greenhouse which is about 120ft from the receiver. The display is a good size and easily readable. I've had mine for years - and I think I paid less than £30, it doesn't have the moon phases, but I can live with that :)

It's very useful especially in spring and summer when temperatures can be extreme and the forecast is usually more reliable than the one from the Met

• Hi Guys, thanks for your responses, I have decided to go with a fairly simple but very clear thermometer / humidity display with an external sensor, dies the job I need, and to be honedt, he has no trouble growing things in his old greenhouse, this is purely a matter of simple convenience.  The device is a Pingko, very small, neat and I think the large models with the umpteen readouts would be more difficult to read.   I can always upgrade him if he likes the idea ?? Thanks from your help ‘