Forum home Problem solving

Cats!!!

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 33,261

I couldn't agree more.image

Apart from the "shipping" , there's the tens of millions of dead birds, mammals, amphibeans, reptiles etc etc that they kill , just because " it's in their nature" 

Last edited: 14 December 2017 19:58:36

Devon.
  • Paul B3Paul B3 Posts: 2,997

What a joke ; I see my post regarding 'Cats' has been hastily removed by the ever watchful BBC (does that stand for Big Brother Corporation ) ??

I happened to mention a surefire way of solving the cat problem , but  I see it has suddenly vanished ; how amazing!!image

Last edited: 14 December 2017 20:06:48

• mattsmatts Posts: 37

That's not good either hostafan1

Oh hum.

Last edited: 14 December 2017 20:08:16

• micearguersmicearguers CambridgePosts: 605

As a self-confessed cat owner I feel there is little I dare further contribute with these vehement statements. I agree with a lot of the underlying reasoning, so consider yourself right.

• PurplerainPurplerain Posts: 1,053

As gardeners we all have to work against nature to some extent. I have two cats who never leave a mess in the garden, and no cats venture in. I suppose the answer is for gardeners to have their own cat. It must have something to do with the smell and territories.

Slugs are a different story. All guns blazing for them lol.

SW Scotland
  • PurplerainPurplerain Posts: 1,053

Just to add, Geoff Hamilton did have a cat who was featured on Gardeners World. He had it all figured out.

SW Scotland
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

"I suppose the answer is for gardeners to have their own cat."

With all due respect, you are joking me Purplerain ?

How on earth can one know that someone suffering from a cat shipping problem doesn't also suffer from cat allergies and cannot own a cat ? or indeed even wants the responsibility of owning a cat ? or the expense ?

This is the solution ?

Is it not the case that a cat is still trained to come back to the food bowl every day ? I assume that this is the case judging by the amount of cat food in my local supermarket shop.

If this is the case then is it not so that cat owners have trained their cats to return home to eat but not to ship ? Only wanting to deal with part (and the easy part) of the responsibility of owning a cat ? ) This is the problem as i see it.

I do not understand the reasoning behind this apart from saying FU to the neighbourhood. If this is not the case then please help me understand the apparent shirking of responsibility that i cannot explain and have never had a response to, that looks to be justified.

Look, I'm not trying to start an argument; only pointing out the problem as i see it. I don't come by this site too often, generally when I'm looking for information or a place to start some research, ( this is a great site for that and the forum regulars should be applauded for this) but I've see this topic raised a couple of times now when i drive-by. Unless i am incredibility coincident with the raising of cats threads then this would suggest a problem.

I don't intend my position to be "vehement", micearguers, but i will present my position robustly if I feel it needs to be.

Paul B3, I cannot any explanation as to why your post was removed as i never saw its contents. I can only suggest that when i was a moderator of a busy site for a number of years, we only removed posts when they broke the forum 'Code of Conduct' in some way. Maybe you swore ?

EDIT: Looks like i was cross posting with Hollie hock. That'll explain why your post was removed then Paul B3.

Last edited: 15 December 2017 09:13:24

I should also apologise to Lfin100. I did not intend to hijack your thread.

• micearguersmicearguers CambridgePosts: 605

matts, the problem is not as you see it. Cats will (I'm not sure if this is always the case) ignore litter trays and just do their business outside. As far as I know this is impossible to train, unless you restrict or prevent cats going outside. I have family and friends who have had unwanted cat visits to their garden, and I do see the problem. I can only deal with my own neighbours however, and luckily I get along with them and we have decent-sized gardens bordering onto fields - the cat (and dog) density seems managable, unlike a previous place where I lived and in my current situation things seem to work. I'm also pretty sure our cat is not terminating local wildlife with prejudice. It's not all black and white.