SOS Allotments appeal

ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,771

Please have a read of this and then sign the petition to support the allotmenteers - https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/save-cemetery-road-allotments-huddersfield?bucket=email-blast-27_11_2017_temblast_27nov_4mlrad

Thanks in advance on their behalf.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 6,912

signed. 

You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand
    The things you think are precious, i don't understand
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,701

Signed.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,771

Thanks all.  Lots of allotments under pressure cos they're an easy target, especially for unimaginative councils and planners.   

Given it's Huddersfield there must be all sorts of  "dark satanic mills" that could be converted to houses and apartments.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 54,464

Signed.

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,715

SIGNED.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • I think several dark satanic mills have already been converted - much of the time to expensive luxury accommodation.

Don't advocate the tarting up of them all - that way the North West will lose it's distinctive look.

Certainly agree about the need to keep established Alottments going - in fact, the country could do with more of them.

Signed

I don't think they need to be tarted up to provide accommodation.  Some of them are beautiful - just need internal insulation, leccy, plumbing etc.

It seems these allotments are in peril because of plans to install an all weather football pitch which could just as easily be placed nearby.   What a waste!!